The ‘Appeltjes van Oranje’ are presented annually to three social projects that successfully connect different groups of people and allow them to reconnect with society. Every year in May, Queen Máxima presents the ‘Appeltjes van Oranje’ at Paleis Noordeinde in Den Haag.
Theme: ‘Buddies for each other’
The ‘Appeltjes van Oranje 2020’ are all about initiatives that create long-standing relationships between buddies. Especially buddies that probably would have never met without their help. Buddies learn from each other, spend time together and really make an effort to better ‘live together’ in our society.
What are we looking for?
The Oranje Fonds wants to show its appreciation to these initiatives with a prize. Therefore we are in search of the driving forces behind successful projects in the Netherlands and the Caribbean part of the Kingdom. Projects that have a special story to tell about the buddies they bring together and their contribution to a more social society. Which project perfectly matches their buddies and gives them both the satisfaction to develop long-standing relationships?
It's not possible anymore to register for the Appeltjes van Oranje. Read the requirements
The three winners of the ‘Appeltjes van Oranje’ receive a bronze statuette and € 15.000,-. Queen Máxima presents the prizes to the winners annually. Every fifth anniversary year King Willem-Alexander fulfills this job.
‘ElanArt’ from Gelderland, ‘Taal Doet Meer’ from Utrecht and the nationwide organization ‘Met je hart’ have won the ‘Appeltjes van Oranje 2019’.
Leading up to the award ceremony in May, the participants went through the following steps:
• A first selection by the Oranje Fonds, based on the registration form and the official documents. Participants were judged on the requirements above, but also on their coverage throughout the country, innovation, exemplary role, effectivity and motivation.
• The ‘stemtiendaagse’ from the 6th until the 15th of January 2020 to collect votes.
• A nationwide final day on Thursday the 23th of January 2020, during which organizations presented their successful initiatives to their competitors and the jury.
• Organizations from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom presented their initiatives on the 17th of November 2019 to the jury on Curaçao.
• The final selection of the three winners, out of the ten nominees, by the board of the Oranje Fonds.